- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: AKT1 (Ab-450) antibody was raised against a peptide sequence around aa.448~452 (T-I-T-P-P) derived from Human AKT1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Western Blot: 1:500~1:1000, Immunohistochemistry: 1:50~1:100, Immunofluorescence: 1:100~1:200
- SPECIFICITY: This antibody detects endogenous level of total AKT1 protein.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 60 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibodies were purified by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific peptide.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Antibody supplied in phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.4, 150mM NaCl, 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store antibody at -20°C for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AKT1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: AKT, PKB, RAC, CWS6, PRKBA, PKB-ALPHA, RAC-ALPHA, Raf, RAC-PK-alpha, Protein kinase B
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001014431.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 62241013
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 207
- General protein kinase capable of phosphorylating several known proteins. Phosphorylates TBC1D4. Signals downstream of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) to mediate the effects of various growth factors such as platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), epidermal growth factor (EGF), insulin and insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I). Plays a role in glucose transport by mediating insulin-induced translocation of the GLUT4 glucose transporter to the cell surface. Mediates the antiapoptotic effects of IGF-I. Mediates insulin-stimulated protein synthesis by phosphorylating TSC2 at 'Ser-939' and 'Thr-1462', thereby activating mTORC1 signaling and leading to both phosphorylation of 4E-BP1 and in activation of RPS6KB1. Promotes glycogen synthesis by mediating the insulin-induced activation of glycogen synthase.
- 1: Xing J, et al. (1998) Mol Cell Biol 18 (4): 1946-55. Tan Y, et al. ( 1996) EMBO J; 15 (17): 4629-42. Hao, M. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 29380-29385. Mayo LD, et al. (2001) Biol Chem; 276 (27): 25184-9. Lu, H. et al. (1997) Mol. Cell. Biol. 17, 5923-5934.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 79-418
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $330.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.