- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Antibody produced in rabbits immunized with a synthetic peptide corresponding a region of human AKR1B1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: AKR1B1 antibody can be used for detection of AKR1B1 by ELISA at 1:312500. AKR1B1 antibody can be used for detection of AKR1B1 by western blot at 1.25 μg/mL, and HRP conjugated secondary antibody should be diluted 1:50,000 - 100,000.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1211 - HepG2 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 36 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibody is purified by protein A chromatography method.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: For short periods of storage (days) store at 4°C. For longer periods of storage, store AKR1B1 antibody at -20°C. As with any antibody avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AKR1B1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: AKR1B1, ADR, ALDR1, ALR2, AR, MGC1804
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001619
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4502049
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 231
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- AKR1B1 is a member of the aldo/keto reductase superfamily, which consists of more than 40 known enzymes and proteins. This member catalyzes the reduction of a number of aldehydes, including the aldehyde form of glucose, and is thereby implicated in the development of diabetic complications by catalyzing the reduction of glucose to sorbitol.This gene encodes a member of the aldo/keto reductase superfamily, which consists of more than 40 known enzymes and proteins. This member catalyzes the reduction of a number of aldehydes, including the aldehyde form of glucose, and is thereby implicated in the development of diabetic complications by catalyzing the reduction of glucose to sorbitol. There are a few putative pseudogenes for this gene, and one of them has been confirmed and mapped to chromosome 3. Publication Note: This RefSeq record includes a subset of the publications that are available for this gene. Please see the Entrez Gene record to access additional publications.
- 1: Steuber, H., (2008) J. Mol. Biol. 379 (5), 991-1016.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 30-373
- Size: 100 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.