- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (100%), Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Akirin2 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide near the center of the human Akirin2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 50 - 100 of Akirin2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Akirin2 antibody can be used for detection of Akirin2 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1403 - Mouse Brain Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: Akirin2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Akirin2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Akirin2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AKIRIN2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Akirin2 Antibody: FBI1, C6orf166, dJ486L4.2, Akirin-2
- Protein Accession Number: EAW48578
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 119568963
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 55122
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Akirin2 Antibody: The highly conserved, nuclear-localized Akirin1 and Akirin2 proteins critically regulate the transcription of NF-κB-dependent genes and are required for defense against Gram-negative bacteria in the immune deficiency and NF-κB pathways. Akirin1 is dispensable in the mouse, and neither knockout mice nor cells derived from them have obvious distinctive phenotypes. In contrast, Akirin2 is required for development in the mouse and knockout of both Akirin homologs in mice show that Akirin2 is required downstream of toll-like receptor (TLR), TNF-α and IL-1β signaling, and for the production of IL-6. Akirin2 is functionally closer to the single gene in Drosophila, as the homozygous null D. melanogaster Akirin mutants show a similar, mid-to-early embryonic death.
- 1: Goto A, Matsushita K, Gesellchen V, et al. Akirins are highly conserved nuclear proteins required for NF-kappaB-dependent gene expression in drosophila and mice. Nat. Immunol.2008; 9:97-104.
- 2: Beutler B and Moresco EM. Akirins versus infection. Nat. Immunol.2008; 9:7-9.
- 3: Sutterwala FS and Flavell RA. Immunology: cascade into clarity. Nature2008; 451:254-5.
- 4: Tanji T and Ip YT. Regulators of the Toll and Imd pathways in the Drosophila innate immune response. Trends Immunol.2005; 26:193-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4803
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.