- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: AJAP1 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human AJAP1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 290 - 340 of AJAP1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: AJAP1 antibody can be used for detection of AJAP1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples and Immunocytochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: AJAP1 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1464 - Rat Liver Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-004 - K-562 Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 45 kDa
Observed: 48 kDa
- PURIFICATION: AJAP1 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: AJAP1 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: AJAP1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AJAP1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Adherens junctions associated protein 1, Membrane protein shrew-1, MOT8, SHREW1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_061324
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 9055278
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 55966
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The Adherens Junction Associated Protein 1 (AJAP1) plays a key role in cell adhesion and cell migration (1). It is a transmembrane protein found on the basolateral surface of epithelium and expressed by multiple types of epithelium (1,2). AJAP1 interacts with E-Cadherin and appears to promote the internalization of E-Cadherin upon growth factor stimulation (3). This facilitates the dissolution of adherens junctions with an increase in cell motility (3,4).
- 1: Zeng L, Fee BE, Rivas MV, et al. Adherens junctional associated protein-1: a novel 1p36 tumor suppressor candidate in gliomas (Review). Int. J. Oncol. 2014; 45:13-7.
- 2: Han L, Zhang KL, Zhang JX, et al. AJAP1 is dysregulated at an early stage of gliomagenesis and suppresses invasion through cytoskeleton reorganization. CNS Neurosci. Ther. 2014; 20:429-37.
- 3: Gross JC, Schreiner A, Engels K, et al. E-cadherin surface levels in epithelial growth factor-stimulated cells depend on adherens junction protein shrew-1. Mol. Biol. Cell 2009; 20:3598-607.
- 4: Lin N, Di C, Bortoff K, et al. Deletion or epigenetic silencing of AJAP1 on 1p36 in glioblastoma. Mol. Cancer Res. 2012; 10:208-17.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8163
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin