- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Antibody produced in rabbits immunized with a synthetic peptide corresponding a region of human AIRE.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: AIRE antibody can be used for detection of AIRE by ELISA at 1:62500. AIRE antibody can be used for detection of AIRE by western blot at 0.5 μg/mL, and HRP conjugated secondary antibody should be diluted 1:50,000 - 100,000.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. XBL-10123 - Fetal Brain Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 58 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibody is purified by peptide affinity chromatography method.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: For short periods of storage (days) store at 4°C. For longer periods of storage, store AIRE antibody at -20°C. As with any antibody avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AIRE
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: AIRE, AIRE1, APECED, APS1, APSI, PGA1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000374
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4557291
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 326
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The function of the protein encoded by the AIRE gene is not well defined. However it contains zinc finger motifs suggestive of a transcription factor. The protein (isoform 1) is localized to both the nucleus and cytoplasm. Defects in this gene cause the autosomal-recessive systemic autoimmune disease termed autoimmune polyendocrinopathy-candidiasis-ectodermal dystrophy (APECED).This gene encodes a transcriptional regulator that forms nuclear bodies and interacts with the transcriptional coactivator CBP. At least three splice variant mRNAs products have been described including one which results in a premature stop codon and a transcript predicted to be a candidate for nuclear-mediated decay (NMD). Defects in this gene cause the rare autosomal-recessive systemic autoimmune disease termed autoimmune polyendocrinopathy-candidiasis-ectodermal dystrophy (APECED).
- 1: Ilmarinen, T., (2008) Mol. Immunol. 45 (7), 1847-1862.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 27-661
- Size: 100 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.