- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (78%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Aipl1 antibody was raised against a 18 amino acid synthetic peptide near the center of the human Aipl1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 140 - 190 of Aipl1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Aipl1 antibody can be used for detection of Aipl1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: Aipl1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Aipl1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aipl1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AIPL1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Aipl1 Antibody: LCA4, AIPL2, Aryl-hydrocarbon-interacting protein-like 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_055151
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 74272276
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 23746
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Aipl1 Antibody: Aipl1 was initially identified as a protein implicated in Leber congenital amaurosis (LCA), an autosomal recessive disorder thought to be caused by the abnormal development of photoreceptors. Aipl1 is a tetratricopeptide repeat protein that is highly homologous to ARA9, a protein involved in the HSP90-mediated nuclear translocation and transactivation of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor. Aipl1 has also been found to function as part of a chaperone heterocomplex, interacting with Hsp90 and Hsp70. Aipl1 also associates with the cell cycle regulator NUB1. It is thought that Aipl1 cooperates with Hsp70 but not Hsp90 to suppress the formation of NUB1 inclusions, and these interactions are necessary in the normal photoreceptor maturation, as mutations that lead to LCA also compromise the interactions with the Hsp chaperones. At least three isoforms of Aipl1 are known to exist.
- 1: Sohocki MM, Brown SJ, Sullivan LS, et al. Mutations in a new photoreceptor-pineal gene on 17p cause Leber congenital amaurosis. Nat. Genet.2000; 24:79-83.
- 2: Ma Q and Whitlock JP Jr. A novel cytoplasmic protein that interacts with the Ah receptor, contains tetratricopeptide repeat motifs, and augments the transcriptional response to 2,3,7,8-tetrachloro-dibenzo-p-dioxin. J. Biol. Chem.1997; 272:8878-84.
- 3: Hidalgo-de-Quintana J, Evans RJ, Cheetham ME, et al. The Leber congenital amaurosis protein aipl1 functions as part of a chaperone complex. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci.2008; 49:2878-87.
- 4: Akey DT, Zhu X, Dyer M, et al. The inherited blindness associated protein Aipl1 interacts with the cell cycle regulator protein NUB1. Hum. Mol. Genet.2002; 11:2723-33.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4865
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805