- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: AIM antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human AIM.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 60 - 110 of AIM.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: AIM antibody can be used for the detection of AIM by Western blot at 1 - 4 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1369 - Human Lymph node Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 11-521 - Human Lymphoid Tissue Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: AIM Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: AIM Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: AIM antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD5L
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: AIM Antibody: AIM, API6, PRO229, Spalpha, SP-ALPHA, UNQ203/PRO229, CD5 antigen-like, CT-2
- Protein Accession Number: AAD01446
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4102235
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 922
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- AIM Antibody: Apoptosis inhibitor of macrophages (AIM) is a member of the scavenger receptor cysteine-rich domain superfamily (SRCR-SF) initially identified as an inducible cell surface ligand of CD5. It was shown that AIM functions in the thymus as the inducer of resistance to apoptosis within CD4+/CD8+ thymocytes and as the supporter of the viability of these cells before thymic selection. AIM was also shown to support macrophage survival and enhance their phagocytic function. More recent experiments using recombinant AIM significantly inhibited apoptosis of NKT and T cells obtained from C. parvum-stimulated livers in vitro, suggesting that AIM functions to induce resistance to apoptosis in these cells and supports host defense against inflammation during infection.
- 1: Miyazaki T, Hirokami Y, Matsuhashi N, et al. Increased susceptibility of thymocytes to apoptosis in mice lacking AIM, a novel murine macrophage-derived soluble factor belonging to the scavenger receptor cysteine-rich domain superfamily. J. Exp. Med. 1999; 189:413-22.
- 2: Biancone L, Bowen MA, Lim A, et al. Identification of a novel inducible cell-surface ligand of CD5 on activated lymphocytes. J. Exp. Med. 1996; 184:811-9.
- 3: Haruta I, Kato Y, Hashimoto E, et al. Association of AIM, a novel apoptosis inhibitory factor, with hepatitis via supporting macrophage survival and enhancing phagocytic function of macrophages. J. Biol. Chem.2001; 276:22910-4
- 4: Kuwata K, Watanabe H, Jiang S-Y, et al. AIM inhibits apoptosis of T cells and NKT cells in Corynebacterium-induced granuloma formation in mice. Am. J. Path. 2003; 162:837-47.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3807
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.