- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Gorilla (100%); chimpanzee (100%), cow (100%), Horse (93%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-AIFM2 antibody ( 9655) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 14 amino acids near the center of human AIFM2. The immunogen is located within 130-180 amino acids of AIFM2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 2 μg/mL; IHC: 1 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL. Antibody validated: Western Blot in human, mouse and rat samples; Immunofluorescence in human samples and Immunohistochemistry in human, mouse and rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 – HeLa Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-001 – HeLa Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 41kD
Observed: 40 kD
- ISOFORMS: Human AIFM2 has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (373aa, 40.5kD) and isoform 2 (336aa, 36.5kD). Mouse AIFM2 has 2 isoforms, isoform 1 (373aa, 40.6kD) and isoform 2 (380aa, 41.4kD). Rat AIFM2 has one isoform (373aa, 40.7kD). 9653 can detect AIFM2 in human, mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: AIFM2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: AIFM2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: AIMF2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AIMF2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: AIMF2
- Protein Accession Number: Q9BRQ8
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 74752283
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 84883
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- AIFM2 Antibody: AIFM2 blocks ferroptosis independent of ubiquinol metabolism. AIFM2 is a key component of a non-mitochondrial CoQ antioxidant system that acts in parallel to the canonical glutathione-based GPX4 pathway. AIFM2 confers protection against ferroptosis elicited by GPX4 deletion. AIF-2 was found to be upregulated in human glioma tissues and cell lines. Downregulation of AIF-2 reduced cell proliferation and induced G1 cell cycle arrest. AIF and its family member protein, AMID, are rotenone-sensitive NADH:ubiquinone oxidoreductases (of the NDH-2 type). AIF-M2 lessens survival cell signaling in the presence of foreign (e.g. bacterial and (retro)viral) cytosolic DNA, thus contributing to the onset of apoptosis
- 1: Dai et al. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2020; 523(4):966-971
- 2: Bersuker et al. Nature 2019; 575(7784):688-692
- 3: Doll et al. Nature 2019; 575(7784):693-698
- 4: Chen et al. J Mol Neurosci 2019; 68(2): 304-310
- 5: Gong et al. J Biol Chem 2007; 282(41):30331-30340
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 9655
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin