- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine, Monkey, Pig
- IMMUNOGEN: This AHCY antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 79-110 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human AHCY.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
For FACS starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 48 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AHCY
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Adenosylhomocysteinase, AdoHcyase, S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine hydrolase, AHCY, SAHH
- Protein Accession Number: P23526
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 20141702
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 191
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase belongs to theadenosylhomocysteinase family. It catalyzes the reversiblehydrolysis of S-adenosylhomocysteine (AdoHcy) to adenosine (Ado)and L-homocysteine (Hcy). Thus, it regulates the intracellularS-adenosylhomocysteine (SAH) concentration thought to be importantfor transmethylation reactions. Deficiency in this protein is oneof the different causes of hypermethioninemia. Alternativelyspliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have beenfound for this gene.
- 1: Bailey, S.D., et al. Diabetes Care 33(10):2250-2253(2010)
- 2: Gass, N., et al.Affect Disord 126 (1-2), 134-139 (2010) :
- 3: Giusti, B., et al. Thromb. Haemost. 104(2):231-242(2010)
- 4: Levine, A.J., et al. Cancer Epidemiol. Biomarkers Prev. 19(7):1812-1821(2010)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 55-701
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.