- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This AGT antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 37-65 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human AGT.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 53 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AGT
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Angiotensinogen, Serpin A8, Angiotensin-1, Angiotensin 1-10, Angiotensin I, Ang I, Angiotensin-2, Angiotensin 1-8, Angiotensin II, Ang II, Angiotensin-3, Angiotensin 2-8, Angiotensin III, Ang III, Des-Asp-angiotensin II, Angiotensin-4, Angiotensin 3-8, Angiotensin IV, Ang IV, Angiotensin 1-9, Angiotensin 1-7, Angiotensin 1-5, Angiotensin 1-4, AGT, SERPINA8
- Protein Accession Number: P01019
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 113880
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 183
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- AGT, pre-angiotensinogen or angiotensinogen precursor, is expressed in the liver and is cleaved by the enzyme renin in response to lowered blood pressure. The resulting product, angiotensin I, is then cleaved by angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) to generate the physiologically active enzyme angiotensin II. The protein is involved in maintaining blood pressure and in the pathogenesis of essential hypertension and preeclampsia. Mutations in AGT gene are associated with susceptibility to essential hypertension, and can cause renal tubular dysgenesis, a severe disorder of renal tubular development. Defects in AGT gene have also been associated with non-familial structural atrial fibrillation, and inflammatory bowel disease.
- 1: Gurkan,A., Arch. Oral Biol. 54 (4), 337-344 (2009)
- 2: Vickers,C., J. Biol. Chem. 277 (17), 14838-14843 (2002)
- 3: Donoghue,M., Circ. Res. 87 (5), E1-E9 (2000)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 63-245
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.