- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Antibody produced in rabbits immunized with a synthetic peptide corresponding a region of human AGER.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: AGER antibody can be used for detection of AGER by ELISA at 1:62500. AGER antibody can be used for detection of AGER by western blot at 2.5 μg/mL, and HRP conjugated secondary antibody should be diluted 1:50,000 - 100,000.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 38 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibody is purified by protein A chromatography method.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: For short periods of storage (days) store at 4°C. For longer periods of storage, store AGER antibody at -20°C. As with any antibody avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AGER
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: AGER, MGC22357, RAGE
- Protein Accession Number: NP_751947
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 26787962
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 177
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- AGER mediates interactions of advanced glycosylation end products (AGE). These are nonenzymatically glycosylated proteins which accumulate in vascular tissue in aging and at an accelerated rate in diabetes. It is receptor for amyloid beta peptide.This gene encodes a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily of cell surface molecules. It is a receptor for various molecules, including the amyloidogenic form of serum amyloid A, amyloid-beta protein, members of the S100/calgranulin superfamily and advanced glycation end products. The gene lies within the major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class III region on chromosome 6. Alternative splicing results in two transcript variants encoding different isoforms.
- 1: Scherer, S.W., (2006) Thromb. Haemost. 95 (2), 320-328.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 29-611
- Size: 100 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.