- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant full-length human Alpha Fetoprotein was used as the immunogen for the AFP antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Immunohistology (FFPE): 1-2 ug/ml for 30 minutes at RT (1)
Prediluted format : incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
Optimal dilution of the AFP antibody should be determined by the researcher.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM Citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AFP
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: AFP Antibody: FETA, HPAFP, Alpha-fetoprotein, Alpha-1-fetoprotein
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 174
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- It recognizes an oncofetal glycoprotein with a single chain of 70kDa, which is identified as alpha fetoprotein (AFP). This mAb is highly specific to AFP and shows no cross-reaction with other oncofetal antigens or serum albumin. The yolk sac and the liver produce AFP during fetal life. AFP expression in adults is often associated with hepatoma or teratoma. However, hereditary persistence of alpha-fetoprotein may also be found in individuals with no obvious pathology. The protein is thought to be the fetal counterpart of serum albumin, and the AFP and albumin genes are present in tandem in the same transcriptional orientation on chromosome 4. AFP is found in monomeric as well as dimeric and trimeric forms, and binds copper, nickel, fatty acids and bilirubin. The level of AFP in amniotic fluid is used to measure renal loss of protein to screen for spinal bifida and anencephaly.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-344
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.