- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (79%)
- IMMUNOGEN: AFAP1L1 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human AFAP1L1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 70 - 120 of AFAP1L.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: AFAP1L1 antibody can be used for detection of AFAP1L1 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least four isoforms of AFAP1L1 are known to exist. This antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other AFAP family members.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1203 - A549 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-003 - A549 Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: AFAP1L Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: AFAP1L Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: AFAP1L antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AFAP1L1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: AFAP1L Antibody: Actin filament-associated protein 1-like 1, AFAP1-like protein 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_689619
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 55742689
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 134265
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- AFAP1L Antibody: The actin filament-associated protein 1 (AFAP1)-like 1 protein is one of three members in the AFAP1 family of adaptor proteins. Like AFAP1, AFAP1L1 is an actin binding protein that has a role in actin cytoskeleton arrangement, but AFAP1L1 is thought to have a unique function distinct from AFAP1. AFAP1L1 colocalizes with cortactin and localizes to invadosomes, highly dynamic, actin-rich adhesion structures harboring metalloproteases, suggesting that AFAP1L1 affects invadosome formation (1, 4). Recent reports suggest that AFAP1L1 can be used as a prognostic marker for spindle cell sarcomas.
- 1: Snyder BN, Cho Y, Qian Y, et al. AFAP1L1 is a novel adaptor protein of the AFAP family that interacts with cortactin and localizes to invadosomes. Eur. J. Cell Biol. 2011; 90:376-89
- 2: Flynn DC, Leu TH, Reynolds AB, et al. Identification and sequence analysis of cDNAs encoding a 110-kilodalton actin filament-associated pp60src substrate. Mol. Cell. Biol. 1993;13:7892-900.
- 3: Baisden JM, Gatesman AS, Cherezova L, et al. The intrinsic ability of AFAP-110 to alter actin filament integrity is linked with its ability to also activate cellular tyrosine kinases. Oncogene 2001; 20:6607-16.
- 4: Saltel F, Daubon T, Juin A, et al. Invadosomes: intriguing structures with promise. Eur. J. Cell Biol. 2011; 90:100-7.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6559
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin