- HOST SPECIES: Chicken
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: 200-299
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: α-2B adrenergic receptor antibody can be used for the detection of α-2B adrenergic receptor by Western Blot.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 50 kDa (calculated)
- PURIFICATION: Immunoaffinity Purified
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Phosphate-Buffered Saline. No preservatives added.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ADRA2B antibody can be stored at 4°C for short term (weeks). Long term storage should be at -20°C. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ADRA2B
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ADRA2L1, ADRA2RL1, Alpha-2B adrenergic receptor, Alpha-2 adrenergic receptor subtype C2, Alpha-2B adrenoceptor, ADRA2L1, ADRARL1, ALPHA2BAR, alpha-2BAR, Alpha2B adrenergic receptor, Alpha-2B adrenoreceptor
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000673.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4501965
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 151
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- FUNCTION: α-2 adrenergic receptors mediate the catecholamine-induced inhibition of adenylate cyclase through the action of G proteins. The rank order of potency for agonists of this receptor is clonidine > norepinephrine > epinephrine = oxymetazoline > dopamine > p-tyramine = phenylephrine > serotonin > p-synephrine / p-octopamine. For antagonists, the rank order is yohimbine > chlorpromazine > phentolamine > mianserine > spiperone > prazosin > alprenolol > propanolol > pindolol.
SUMMARY: α-2-adrenergic receptors are members of the G protein-coupled receptor superfamily. They include 3 highly homologous subtypes: α2A, α2B, and α2C. These receptors have a critical role in regulating neurotransmitter release from sympathetic nerves and from adrenergic neurons in the central nervous system. This protein is the α2B subtype, which was observed to associate with eIF-2B, a guanine nucleotide exchange protein that functions in regulation of translation. A polymorphic variant of the α2B subtype, which lacks 3 glutamic acids from a glutamic acid repeat element, was identified to have decreased G protein-coupled receptor kinase-mediated phosphorylation and desensitization; this polymorphic form is also associated with reduced basal metabolic rate in obese subjects and may therefore contribute to the pathogenesis of obesity. This protein contains no introns in either its coding or untranslated sequences.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: XW-7710
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $585.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.