- SPECIES: Murine
- SOURCE SPECIES: High-5 Insect cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: RGHHHHHHHH VTTTEELAPA LVPPPKGTCA GWMAGIPGHP GHNGTPGRDG RDGTPGEKGE KGDAGLLGPK GETGDVGMTG AEGPRGFPGT PGRKGEPGEA AYVYRSAFSV GLETRVTVPN VPIRFTKIFY NQQNHYDGST GKFYCNIPGL YYFSYHITVY MKDVKVSLFK KDKAVLFTYD QYQEKNVDQA SGSVLLHLEV GDQVWLQVYG DGDHNGLYAD NVNDSTFTGF LLYHDTN
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by a cytotoxic assay using M1 cells. The ED50 for this effect is 4.0-6.0 μg/mL.
- PURITY: Greater than 95% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized Adiponectin recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted Adiponectin is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing Adiponectin recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Adipoq
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: APN, Acdc, apM1, 30kDa, GBP28, adipo, Acrp30, Apm1, Adiponectin, 30 kDa adipocyte complement-related protein, ACRP30
- Protein Accession Number: NP_033735.3
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 87252711
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 11450
- Adiponectin is an adipose-derived secreted protein containing 236 amino acid residues. It is relatively abundant in humans and rodents, accounting for about 0.01% of total plasma protein. The circulating levels of adiponectin are decreased under conditions of obesity, insulin resistance, and type II diabetes. Disruption of adiponectin in mice causes insulin resistance and neointimal formation. Conversely, administration of recombinant adiponectin suppresses hepatic glucose production, and reverses insulin resistance associated with both lipoatrophy and obesity. The protective role of adiponectin is attributed to its anti-inflammatory properties (e.g. ability to suppress expression of TNF-β and class A scavenger receptor in macrophages). Recombinant Murine Adiponectin is a multimeric glycoprotein, which has a calculated molecular weight of 25.8 kDa and contains amino acids Val-21 to Asn-247 of the adiponectin precursor protein fused to an N-terminal histidine tag. As a result of glycosylation, Recombinant Murine Adiponectin migrates with an apparent molecular mass of approximately 31-36 kDa by SDS-PAGE gel, under reducing conditions.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-614
- Size: 0.005 mg | 0.025 mg
- List Price: $185.00 – $285.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805