- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: High-5 Insect cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: RGHHHHHHHH ETTTQGPGVL LPLPKGACTG WMAGIPGHPG HNGAPGRDGR DGTPGEKGEK GDPGLIGPKG DIGETGVPGA EGPRGFPGIQ GRKGEPGEGA YVYRSAFSVG LETYVTIPNM PIRFTKIFYN QQNHYDGSTG KFYCNIPGLY YFSYHITVYM KDVKVSLFKK DKAVLFTYDQ YQEKNVDQAS GSVLLHLEVG DQVWLQVYGD GDHNGLYADN VNDSTFTGFL LYHDTN
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Biological activity was determined by a cytotoxic assay using M1 cells. The ED50 for this effect is 3.0 - 6.0 μg/mL.
- PURITY: Greater than 97% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized Adiponectin recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted Adiponectin is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing Adiponectin recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ADIPOQ
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ACDC, ADPN, APM1, APM-1, GBP28, ACRP30, ADIPQTL1, ACDC, Adiponectin, 30 kDa adipocyte complement-related protein
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001171271.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 295317372
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9370
- Adiponectin is an adipose-derived secreted protein containing 226 amino acid residues. It is relatively abundant in humans and rodents, accounting for about 0.01% of total plasma protein. The circulating levels of adiponectin are decreased under conditions of obesity, insulin resistance, and type II diabetes. Disruption of adiponectin in mice causes insulin resistance and neointimal formation. Conversely, administration of recombinant adiponectin suppresses hepatic glucose production, and reverses insulin resistance associated with both lipoatrophy and obesity. The protective role of adiponectin is attributed to its anti-inflammatory properties (e.g. ability to suppress expression of TNF-α and class A scavenger receptor in macrophages). Recombinant adiponectin is a multimeric glycoprotein containing amino acids Glu-19 to Asn-244 of the adiponectin precursor protein fused to an N-terminal histidine tag. Monomeric glycosylated adiponectin migrates at an apparent molecular weight of approximately 25.9 kDa by SDS PAGE analysis under reducing conditions.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-328
- Size: 0.005 mg | 0.025 mg
- List Price: $189.00 – $289.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.