- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%), Chicken: (91%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Adiponectin antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human adiponectin.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 40 - 90 of Adiponectin.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Adiponectin antibody can be used for the detection of adiponectin by Western blot at 1 to 4 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples and Immunohistochemistry in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: Adiponectin Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Adiponectin Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Adiponectin antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ADIPOQ
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Adiponectin Antibody: ACDC, ADPN, APM1, APM-1, GBP28, ACRP30, ADIPQTL1, ACDC, Adiponectin, 30 kDa adipocyte complement-related protein
- Protein Accession Number: NP_004788
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4757760
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9370
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Adiponectin Antibody: Adipose tissue of an organism plays a major role in regulating physiologic and pathologic processes such as metabolism and immunity by producing and secreting a variety of bioactive molecules termed adipokines. One highly conserved family of adipokines is adiponectin/ACRP30 and its structural and functional paralogs, the C1q/tumor necrosis factor-alpha-related proteins (CTRPs) 1-7. Unlike the CTRPs, which are expressed in a wide variety of tissues, adiponectin is reported to be expressed exclusively by differentiated adipocytes. These proteins are thought to act mainly on liver and muscle tissue to control glucose and lipid metabolism. An analysis of the crystal structure of adiponectin revealed a structural and evolutionary link between TNF and C1q-containing proteins, suggesting that these proteins arose from a common ancestral innate immunity gene. It is present in high levels in normal human plasma, but is reduced in obese subjects and often in those with increased insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes, suggesting that adiponectin may be a useful pharmacological target in various metabolic diseases.
- 1: Fantuzzi G. Adipose tissue, adipokines, and inflammation. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 2005; 115:911-9.
- 2: Tsao T-S, Lodish HF, and Fruebis J. ACRP30, a new hormone controlling fat and glucose metabolism. Euro. J. Pharmacol. 2002; 440:213-21.
- 3: Wong GW, Wang J, Hug C, et al. A family of Acrp30/ adiponectin structural and functional paralogs. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2004; 101:10302-7.
- 4: Shapiro L and Scherer PE. The crystal structure of a complement-1q family protein suggests an evolutionary link to tumor necrosis factor. Curr. Biol. 1998; 8:335-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3553
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin