- HOST SPECIES: Goat
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Produced from sera of goats pre-immunized with highly pure (>98%) recombinant hgAcrp30/Adipolean (human gAcrp30/Adipolean).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ELISA:
To detect hgAcrp30/Adipolean by direct ELISA (using 100 μL/well antibody solution) a concentration of at least 0.5 μg/mL of this antibody is required. This antigen affinity purified antibody, in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents, allows the detection of 0.2 - 0.4 ng/well of recombinant hgAcrp30/Adipolean.
To detect hgAcrp30/Adipolean by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 μg/mL. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant hgAcrp30/Adipolean is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Adipolean antibody is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. The reconstituted antibody is stable for at least two weeks at 2-8°C. Frozen aliquots are stable for at least 6 months when stored at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ADIPOQ
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ACDC, ADPN, APM1, APM-1, GBP28, ACRP30, ADIPQTL1, ACDC, Adiponectin, 30 kDa adipocyte complement-related protein
- Protein Accession Number: Q15848
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 2493789
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9370
- USER NOTE: Centrifuge vial prior to opening. Reconstitute in sterile water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/mL
- Adipose cells produce and secrete numerous physiologically important proteins, such as Lipoprotein Lipase, Leptin, and Adipocyte Complement Related protein of 30 kDa, also known as Acrp30 or Adiponectin. Adiponectin is a circulating protein that is secreted exclusively by differentiated adipocytes. During adipocyte differentiation, Adiponectin mRNA is induced >100 fold. Adiponectin improves the ability of insulin to suppress glucose production, at sub physiological levels, thereby linking adipose tissue to whole body glucose regulation. Adiponectin function appears to be regulated by phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase (PI3K) since Adiponectin secretion is blocked by pharmacologic inhibitors of this kinase. Adiponectin mRNA is significantly reduced in adipose tissue of obese patients with Type 2 diabetes. The structural similarity of Adiponectin to TNF alpha suggests that Adiponectin may play a role in pathogenesis of insulin resistance in Type 2 diabetes. Adiponectin is implicated as a regulator of whole body energy homeostasis.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: XP-5101
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $350.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.