- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This ADH7 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 318-346 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human ADH7.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
For FACS starting dilution is: 1:10~50
For IF starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 41 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ADH7
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Alcohol dehydrogenase class 4 mu/sigma chain, Alcohol dehydrogenase class IV mu/sigma chain, Gastric alcohol dehydrogenase, Retinol dehydrogenase, ADH7
- Protein Accession Number: P40394
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 292495000
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 131
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- This gene encodes class IV alcohol dehydrogenase 7 mu or sigma subunit, which is a member of the alcohol dehydrogenase family. Members of this family metabolize a wide variety of substrates, including ethanol, retinol, other aliphatic alcohols, hydroxysteroids, and lipid peroxidation products. The enzyme encoded by this gene is inefficient in ethanol oxidation, but is the most active as a retinol dehydrogenase; thus it may participate in the synthesis of retinoic acid, a hormone important for cellular differentiation. The expression of this gene is much more abundant in stomach than liver, thus differing from the other known gene family members.
- 1: Kedishvili, N.Y., et al. J. Biol. Chem. 270(8):3625-3630(1995)
- 2: Cheung, B., et al. Alcohol. Clin. Exp. Res. 19(1):185-186(1995)
- 3: Farres, J., et al. Eur. J. Biochem. 224(2):549-557(1994)
- 4: Pares, X., et al. FEBS Lett. 303(1):69-72(1992)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 64-074
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin