- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This ADD3 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 552-580 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human ADD3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 79 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ADD3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Gamma-adducin, Adducin-like protein 70, ADD3, ADDL
- Protein Accession Number: Q9UEY8
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 12643881
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 120
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Adducins are heteromeric proteins composed of differentsubunits referred to as adducin alpha, beta and gamma. The threesubunits are encoded by distinct genes and belong to a family ofmembrane skeletal proteins involved in the assembly ofspectrin-actin network in erythrocytes and at sites of cell-cellcontact in epithelial tissues. While adducins alpha and gamma areubiquitously expressed, the expression of adducin beta isrestricted to brain and hematopoietic tissues. Adducin, originallypurified from human erythrocytes, was found to be a heterodimer ofadducins alpha and beta. Polymorphisms resulting in amino acidsubstitutions in these two subunits have been associated with theregulation of blood pressure in an animal model of hypertension.Heterodimers consisting of alpha and gamma subunits have also beendescribed. Structurally, each subunit is comprised of two distinctdomains. The amino-terminal region is protease resistant andglobular in shape, while the carboxy-terminal region is proteasesensitive. The latter contains multiple phosphorylation sites forprotein kinase C, the binding site for calmodulin, and is requiredfor association with spectrin and actin. Alternatively splicedadducin gamma transcripts encoding different isoforms have beendescribed. The functions of the different isoforms are not known.
- 1: Bailey, S.D., et al. Diabetes Care 33(10):2250-2253(2010)
- 2: Garcia-Barcelo, M.M., et al. Hum. Mol. Genet. 19(14):2917-2925(2010)
- 3: Rose, J.E., et al. Mol. Med. 16 (7-8), 247-253 (2010) :
- 4: Talmud, P.J., et al. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 85(5):628-642(2009)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 57-571
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin