- SPECIES: Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Pro 18 - Asp 563
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 63.4 kDa
- PURITY: >90% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level is less than 1.0 EU per ug by the LAL method.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: 50 mM MES, 150 mM NaCl, pH6.5
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ADAM17
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ADAM17,TACE,CD156b
- Protein Accession Number: Q9Z0F8
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 11491
- Disintegrin and metalloproteinase domain-containing protein 17 (ADAM17), a member of the ADAM protein family of disintegrins and metalloproteases, is also known as TNF-alpha convertase, TNF-alpha-converting enzyme and CD156b, which contains one disintegrin domain and one peptidase M12B domain. ADAM17 can cleave the membrane-bound precursor of TNF-alpha to its mature soluble form. ADAM17 is also responsible for the proteolytical release of soluble JAM3 from endothelial cells surface (By similarity) and proteolytic release of several other cell-surface proteins, including p75 TNF-receptor, interleukin 1 receptor type II, p55 TNF-receptor, transforming growth factor-alpha, L-selectin, growth hormone receptor, MUC1 and the amyloid precursor protein. Furthermore, ADAM17 acts as an activator of Notch pathway by mediating cleavage of Notch, generating the membrane-associated intermediate fragment called Notch extracellular truncation.
- 1: Black R., et al., 1997, Nature 385 (6618): 729–33
- 2: Moss M., et al., 1997, Nature 385 (6618): 733–6
- 3: Schroeter E., et al., 1998, Nature 393 (6683): 382–6.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-968
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $615.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805