- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: ACVR1B antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of the human ACVR1B.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 140 - 190 of ACVR1B.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ACVR1B antibody can be used for detection of ACVR1B by Western blot at 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least three isoforms of ACVR1B are known to exist. This antibody is predicted to have no cross-reactivity to ACVR1 or ACVR1C.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1305 - Human Kidney Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: ACVR1B Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ACVR1B Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ACVR1B antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ACVR1B
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ACVR1B Antibody: FOP, ALK2, SKR1, TSRI, ACTRI, ACVR1A, ACVRLK2, Activin receptor type-1, Activin receptor type I, ACTR-I
- Protein Accession Number: NP_064732
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 298231233
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 91
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ACVR1B Antibody: Activins are dimeric growth and differentiation factors which belong to the transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) superfamily of structurally related signaling proteins. Activins signal through a heteromeric complex of receptor serine kinases which include at least two type I and two type II receptors. ACVR1B, also known as activin receptor-like kinase 4 (ALK4), is a type I receptor for activin and plays major roles in cell differentiation, growth arrest and apoptosis. Like another type I activin receptor ACVR1C, ACVR1B can mediate signaling by ligands such as Nodal, Xnr1, GDF-1/3, activin B and activin AB. In Xenopus embryos, expression of a dominant-negative form of ACVR1B blocked all mesoderm-inducing ligands, while expression of a dominant negative ACVR1C only blocked Nodal and Xnr1 signaling, suggesting that the ACVR1B and ACVR1C possess distinct functions.
- 1: Tsuchida K, Sawchenko PE, Nishikawa S, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel type I receptor serine/threonine kinase for the TGF beta superfamily from rat brain. Mol. Cell. Neurosci.1996; 7:467-78.
- 2: Reissmann E, Jornvall H, Blokzijl A, et al. The orphan receptor ALK7 and the activin receptor ALK4 mediate signaling by nodal proteins during vertebrate development. Genes Dev.2001; 15:2010-22.
- 3: Tsuchida K, Nakatani M, Yamakawa N, et al. Activin isoforms signal through type I receptor serine/threonine kinase ALK7. Mol. Cell Endocrinol.2004; 220:59-65.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4793
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin