- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%), Rat: (93%)
- IMMUNOGEN: ACVR1 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of the human ACVR1.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of ACVR1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ACVR1 antibody can be used for detection of ACVR1 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least four isoforms of ACVR1 are known to exist. This antibody is predicted to have no cross-reactivity to ACVR1B or ACVR1C.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1203 - A549 Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: ACVR1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ACVR1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ACVR1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ACVR1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ACVR1 Antibody: FOP, ALK2, SKR1, TSRI, ACTRI, ACVR1A, ACVRLK2, Activin receptor type-1, Activin receptor type I, ACTR-I
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001096
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4501895
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 90
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ACVR1 Antibody: Activins are dimeric growth and differentiation factors which belong to the transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) superfamily of structurally related signaling proteins. Activins signal through a heteromeric complex of receptor serine kinases which include at least two type I and two type II receptors. Unlike ACVR1B and ACVR1C, ACVR1, also known as activin receptor-like kinase 2 (ALK2), can not transduce activin-mediated signaling, but will transduce BMP and Mullerian inhibiting substance (MIS) group signaling. It is thought that ACVR1 also inhibits activin signaling by blocking the binding of activin to its type II receptor. Recent studies indicate that genetic variation in ACVR1 is associated with polycystic ovary syndrome, suggesting that ACVR1 signaling contributes to disturbed folliculogenesis in these patients.
- 1: Tsuchida K, Sawchenko PN, Nishikawa S, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel type I receptor serine/threonine kinase for the TGF beta superfamily from rat brain. Mol. Cell. Neurosci.1996; 76:467-78.
- 2: ten Dijke P, Yamashita H, Sampath TK, et al. Identification of type I receptors for osteogenic protein-1 and bone morphogenetic protein-4. J. Biol. Chem.1994; 269:16985-8.
- 3: Clarke TR, Hoshiya Y, Yi SE, et al. Mullerian inhibiting substance signaling uses a BMP-like pathway mediated by ALK2 and induces Smad6 expression. Mol. Endocrinol.2001; 15:946-59.
- 4: Renlund N, O'Neill FH, Zhang L, et al. Activin receptor-like kinase-2 inhibits activin signaling by blocking the binding of activin to its type II receptor. J. Endocrinol.2007; 195:95-103.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4791
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin