- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: (BTI-Tn-5B1-4) High-5 Insect cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: GLECDGKVNI CCKKQFFVSF KDIGWNDWII APSGYHANYC EGECPSHIAG TSGSSLSFHS TVINHYRMRG HSPFANLKSC CVPTKLRPMS MLYYDDGQNI IKKDIQNMIV EECGCS
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: The ED50 was determined by its ability to inhibit the proliferation of murine MPC - 11 cells is ≤ 2 ng/mL, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 5 x 105 units/mg.
- PURITY: Greater than 95% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized Activin A recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted Activin A is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing Activin A recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SMAD2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: JV18, MADH2, MADR2, JV18-1, hMAD-2, hSMAD2, Mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 2, MAD homolog 2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001003652.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 51173730
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4087
- Activin A is a TGF-β family member that exhibits a wide range of biological activities including regulation of cellular proliferation and differentiation, and promotion of neuronal survival. Elevated levels of Activin A in human colorectal tumors and in post-menopausal woman have been implicated in colorectal and breast cancers, respectively. The biological activities of Activin A can be neutralized by inhibins and by the diffusible TGF-β antagonist, Follistatin. Human Activin A is a 26.0 kDa disulfide-linked homodimer of two β A chains, each containing 116 amino acid residues.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-212
- Size: 0.002 mg | 0.01 mg
- List Price: $189.00 – $289.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.