- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Amino acids 25-39 (NGAEDESAEAFPLEF) of Adrenocorticotropic hormone (CLIP sequence) were used as the immunogen for this ACTH antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, Flow, IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ELISA: order BSA free format for coating
Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1ug/10^6 cells
IF: 1-2 ug/ml
IHC (FFPE):0.5-1 ug/ml
The concentration stated for each application is a general starting point. Variations in protocols, secondaries and substrates may require the ACTH antibody to be titered up or down for optimal performance.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: POMC
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: POMC, proopiomelanocortin, Precursor of MSH, POC, ACTH, CLIP, adrenocorticotropin/ beta-lipotropin/ alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone/ beta-melanocyte stimulating hormone/ beta-endorphin, LPH, MSH, NPP
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5443
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- ACTH (or Corticotropin) is a 39 amino acid active peptide produced by the anterior pituitary. This mAb is specific to CLIP (aa 25-39) and does not react with Synacthen (aa 1-24). POMC (pro-opiomelanocortin or corticotropin-lipotropin) is a 267 amino acid polypeptide hormone precursor that goes through extensive, tissue-specific posttranslational processing by convertases. POMC is cleaved into ten hormone chains named NPP, ACTH, alpha-MSH (Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone), beta-MSH, gamma-MSH, CLIP (corticotropin-like intermediary peptide), Lipotropin-beta, Lipotropin-gamma, beta-endorphin and Met-enkephalin. ACTH is also produced by cells of immune system (T-cells, B-cells, and macrophages) in response to stimuli associated with stress. Anti-ACTH is a useful marker in classification of pituitary tumors and the study of pituitary disease. It reacts with ACTH-producing cells (corticotrophs). It also may react with other tumors (e.g. some small cell carcinomas of the lung) causing paraneoplastic syndromes by secreting ACTH.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-593
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin