- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Amino acids 25-39 (NGAEDESAEAFPLEF) of Adrenocorticotropic hormone were used as the immunogen for this ACTH antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, Flow, IF, IHC
- APPLICATION NOTE: ELISA: order BSA free format for coating
Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1ug/10^6 cells
IF: 1-2 ug/ml
IHC (FFPE):0.5-1 ug/ml
The concentration stated for each application is a general starting point. Variations in protocols, secondaries and substrates may require the ACTH antibody to be titered up or down for optimal performance.
1. Staining of FFPE tissue requires boiling sections in 10mM Citrate Buffer, pH6, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: POMC
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: POMC, proopiomelanocortin, Precursor of MSH, POC, ACTH, CLIP, adrenocorticotropin/ beta-lipotropin/ alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone/ beta-melanocyte stimulating hormone/ beta-endorphin, LPH, MSH, NPP
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5443
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- ACTH (or Corticotropin) is a 39 amino acid active peptide produced by the anterior pituitary. This mAb is specific to CLIP (aa 25-39) and does not react with Synacthen (aa 1-24). POMC (pro-opiomelanocortin or corticotropin-lipotropin) is a 267 amino acid polypeptide hormone precursor that goes through extensive, tissue-specific posttranslational processing by convertases. POMC is cleaved into ten hormone chains named NPP, ACTH, alpha-MSH (Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone), beta-MSH, gamma-MSH, CLIP (corticotropin-like intermediary peptide), Lipotropin-beta, Lipotropin-gamma, beta-endorphin and Met-enkephalin. ACTH is also produced by cells of immune system (T-cells, B-cells, and macrophages) in response to stimuli associated with stress. Anti-ACTH is a useful marker in classification of pituitary tumors and the study of pituitary disease. It reacts with ACTH-producing cells (corticotrophs). It also may react with other tumors (e.g. some small cell carcinomas of the lung) causing paraneoplastic syndromes by secreting ACTH.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 34-042
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin