- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: aa. 1-375
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, MS, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB, ELISA, MS.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 41.8 kDa (Calculated)
- PURITY: >95%
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: 10 mM Tris, pH 8.0, 0.1% Triton X-100, 0.002% NaN3
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store in working aliquots at -70°C. Avoid freeze/thaw cycles. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ACTG1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ACT, ACTG, BRWS2, DFNA20, DFNA26, HEL-176, ACTB, Actin, cytoplasmic 2, Gamma-actin
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001605
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4501887
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 71
- Actins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility, and maintenance of the cytoskeleton. In vertebrates, three main groups of actin isoforms, α, β and γ have been identified. The α actins are found in muscle tissues and are a major constituent of the contractile apparatus. The β and γ actins co-exist in most cell types as components of the cytoskeleton, and as mediators of internal cell motility. Actin, γ 1, encoded by this gene, is a cytoplasmic actin found in nonmuscle cells.
FUNCTION: Actins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in various types of cell motility and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells.
SUBUNIT: Polymerization of globular actin (G-actin) leads to a structural filament (F-actin) in the form of a two-stranded helix. Each actin can bind to 4 others.
- 1: Cheng,C. and Sharp,P.A.: RNA polymerase II accumulation in the promoter-proximal region of the dihydrofolate reductase and gamma-actin genes. Mol. Cell. Biol. 23 (6), 1961-1967 (2003)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: For research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: XW-RP3002
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805