- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (93%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Acinus antibody was raised against a 35 amino acid peptide near the center of human Acinus.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 760 - 810 of Acinus.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Acinus antibody can be used for detection of Acinus by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. A 220 kDa band can be detected. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-004 - K-562 Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 220 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Acinus Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Acinus Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Acinus antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ACIN1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Acinus Antibody: ACN, ACINUS, fSAP152, KIAA0670, Apoptotic chromatin condensation inducer in the nucleus, Acinus
- Protein Accession Number: AAD56724
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 5931959
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 22985
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Acinus Antibody: Chromatin condensation and nuclear fragmentation (CCNF) is the hallmark of apoptosis. CCNF is triggered by the activation of members of caspase family, caspase activated DNase (CAD/DFF40), and several novel proteins including AIF and CIDE. A new inducer of chromatin condensation was recently identified and designated Acinus (for apoptotic chromatin condensation inducer in the nucleus). Acinus is cleaved by caspase-3 and an additional unknown protease generating a small active peptide p17, which causes chromatin condensation in vitro when it is added to purified nuclei. Acinus also induces apoptotic chromatin condensation in cells. Acinus is ubiquitously expressed. Three different spliced forms of Acinus have been identified in human and mouse and designated AcinusL, AcinusS and AcinusS'.
- 1: Zamzami N, Kroemer G. Condensed matter in cell death. Nature 1999 ;401:127-8.
- 2: Sahara S, Aoto M, Eguchi Y, Imamoto N, Yoneda Y, Tsujimoto Y. Acinus is a caspase-3-activated protein required for apoptotic chromatin condensation. Nature 1999 401:168-73.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 2219
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin