- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Bovine, Chicken, Dog, Human, Monkey, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Turtle
- IMMUNOGEN: Solubilized keratin extract from human stratum corneum
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells
IF: 1-2 ug/ml
WB: 0.5-1 ug/ml
IHC (FFPE): 0.5-1 ug/ml for 30 min at RT (1)
Prediluted format : incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
The concentration stated for each application is a general starting point. Variations in protocols, secondaries and substrates may require the Acidic Cytokeratin antibody AE1 to be titered up or down for optimal performance.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes.
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G purified
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: KRT10
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Keratin, type I cytoskeletal 10, Cytokeratin-10, CK-10, Keratin-10, K10, KRT10, KPP
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3858
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- Cytokeratins, also called keratins or simply CKs, are a family of fibrous structural proteins and a major structural component in the outer layer of human skin, as well as hair and nails. There are 20 human epithelial keratins which can be divided into two subfamiles: acidic and basic (more recent human genone sequencing has identified an additional 20 members). The formation of cytokeratin intermediate filaments requires the pairing of at least one acidic and one basic subfamily member. Members of the same keratin subfamily share extended sequence homology while members of different subfamilies show only limited sequence homology.
This antibody is specific for the 56.5kDa (CK10), 50kDa (CK14), 50kDa (CK15), 48kDa (CK16), and 40kDa (CK19) keratins of the acidic (Type I or LMW) subfamily. Many studies have shown the usefulness of CKs as markers in cancer research and tumor diagnosis, as epithelial tumors generally maintain the same CK expression patterns as their counterpart normal tissue. Clone AE1 is commonly used with clone AE3 as a pan cytokeratin antibody cocktail (Cat No V2330).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-240
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $535.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.