- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant fusion protein containing a sequence corresponding to amino acids 398-617 of human ACHE (NP_056646.1).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1:500 - 1:2000
IHC: 1:50 - 1:100
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: SH-SY5Y
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: SGC996
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Mouse brain
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Mouse spinal cord
- POSITIVE CONTROL 5: Mouse liver
- POSITIVE CONTROL 6: Rat spinal cord
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Observed: 75kDa
- PURIFICATION: Affinity purification
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.02% sodium azide, 50% glycerol, pH7.3.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ACHE
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ACHE, YT, acetylcholinesterase (YT blood group), ACEE, ARACHE, N-ACHE
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 43
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Acetylcholinesterase hydrolyzes the neurotransmitter, acetylcholine at neuromuscular junctions and brain cholinergic synapses, and thus terminates signal transmission. It is also found on the red blood cell membranes, where it constitutes the Yt blood group antigen. Acetylcholinesterase exists in multiple molecular forms which possess similar catalytic properties, but differ in their oligomeric assembly and mode of cell attachment to the cell surface. It is encoded by the single ACHE gene, and the structural diversity in the gene products arises from alternative mRNA splicing, and post-translational associations of catalytic and structural subunits. The major form of acetylcholinesterase found in brain, muscle and other tissues is the hydrophilic species, which forms disulfide-linked oligomers with collagenous, or lipid-containing structural subunits. The other, alternatively spliced form, expressed primarily in the erythroid tissues, differs at the C-terminal end, and contains a cleavable hydrophobic peptide with a GPI-anchor site. It associates with the membranes through the phosphoinositide (PI) moieties added post-translationally.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 18-820
- Size: 50 uL
- List Price: $295.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.