- Most Images
- Trial Size
ACE2 AntibodyCATALOG NUMBER: 3217
- Clonality: Polyclonal
- Tested Applications: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- Host Species: Rabbit
- Species Reactivity: Human, Mouse, Rat
- Conjugate: Unconjugated
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (88%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-ACE2 antibody (3217) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 18 amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human ACE2.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of ACE2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1-2 μg/mL; IHC: 2 μg/mL; IF: 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human, mouse and rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples; Immunofluorescence in human, mouse, and rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Anti-ACE2 has no cross response to ACE1.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1305 - Human Kidney Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-401 - Human Kidney Tissue Slide
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1306 - Human Spleen Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Cat. No. 1313 - Human Testis Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 93kD
Observed: 130 kD (7 N-linked glycosylation)
Independent Antibody Validation in Cell lines (Figure 1) shows similar ACE2 expression profile in human cell lines detected by three independent anti-ACE2 antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 3215 against central domain, 3217 against C-terminus domain and 3227 against N-terminus domain. ACE2 proteins are detected in the most tested tissues at different expression levels by three independent antibodies.
- ISOFORMS: Human ACE2 has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (805aa, 93kD) and isoform 2 (555aa, 64kD). Mouse ACE2 also has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (805aa, 92kD) and isoform 2 (353aa, 40kD). Rat ACE2 has one isoform (805aa, 93kD). 3215 can detect human, mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: ACE2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ACE2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ACE2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ACE2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ACE2 Antibody: ACEH, Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2, ACE-related carboxypeptidase, ACEH, SARS-CoV receptor, SARS-CoV-2 receptor
- Protein Accession Number: NP_068576
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 11225609
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 59272
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ACE2 Antibody: Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) plays a central role in vascular, renal, and myocardial physiology. In contrast to its homolog ACE, ACE2 expression is restricted to heart, kidney, and testis. Recently. ACE2 has also been shown to be a functional receptor of the SARS coronavirus. Homology modeling shows 2019-nCoV has a similar receptor-binding domain structure as SARS-CoV, which suggests COVID-19 (2019-nCoV) may use ACE2 as a receptor in humans for infection. The normal function of ACE2 is to convert the inactive vasoconstrictor angiotensin I (AngI) to Ang1-9 and the active form AngII to Ang1-7, unlike ACE, which converts AngI to AngII. While the role of these vasoactive peptides is not well understood, lack of ACE2 expression in ace2-/ace2- mice leads to severely reduced cardiac contractility, indicating its importance in regulating heart function.
- 1: Donoghue et al. Circ. Res. 2000;87:1-9.
- 2: Tipnis et al. J Biol. Chem. 2000;275:33238-43.
- 3: Li et al. Nature 2003;426:450-4.
- 4: Lu et al. The Lancet 2020 (published online).
- 5: Crackower et al. Nature 2002;417:822-8.
- 1: Wei, et al.Genome-wide CRISPR Screens Reveal Host Factors Critical for SARS-CoV-2 Infection. Cell. 2020 Oct 20;S0092-8674(20)31392-1. doi: 10.1016/j.cell.2020.10.028.PMID: 33147444
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3217
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805