- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: A mixture of erythrocytes of blood group A1 and glycoprotein fraction isolated from the saliva of secretors with blood group A was used as the immunogen for the ABO antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Func, IF, IHC-P
- APPLICATION NOTE: Functional Activity-Erythrocyte Agglutination
Immunofluorescence: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 0.5-1 ug/ml for 30 min at RT (1)
Optimal dilution of the ABO antibody should be determined by the researcher.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM Citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes
- PURIFICATION: PEG precipitation
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgM, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ABO
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Histo-blood group ABO system transferase, Fucosylglycoprotein 3-alpha-galactosyltransferase, Fucosylglycoprotein alpha-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase, Glycoprotein-fucosylgalactoside alpha-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase, Glycoprotein-fucosylgalactoside alpha-galactosyltransferase, Histo-blood group A transferase, A transferase, Histo-blood group B transferase, B transferase, NAGAT, Fucosylglycoprotein alpha-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase soluble form, ABO
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 28
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- This antibody recognizes human blood group A (monofucosyl and difucosyl A antigens with chain types 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) and Forssmann antigen. It is also reactive with the immuno-dominant A trisaccharide. Blood group antigen expression in human colon cancer was studied by means of two monoclonal antibodies of broad anti-A (HE-14) and anti-type 3 and type 4 chain-based A and H (HE-10) specificity. These antigens were proved to re-appear in tumors of the distal colon, the HE-10 antibody reacting more frequently (9 out of 12 samples) than HE-14 (5 out of 12 samples) and frequently with supra-nuclear staining of the cytoplasm probably in those places of the Golgi apparatus where carbohydrate antigens are synthesized. This staining pattern is characteristic of HE-10 in normal colonic mucosa as well. With HE-14, staining was often absent in less differentiated tumors, while HE-10 did react in such tumors. In some cases, these two antibodies gave different staining patterns in parallel sections from the same tissue sample, primarily at the cellular level. Three out of 12 cases showed blood group antigen expression in the mucosa of the distal colon adjacent to the tumor only when HE-10 mAb was used.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-375
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $535.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.