- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This ABCD2 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 553-582 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human ABCD2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:10~50
For FACS starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 83 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ABCD2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ATP-binding cassette sub-family D member 2, Adrenoleukodystrophy-like 1, Adrenoleukodystrophy-related protein, hALDR, ABCD2, ALD1, ALDL1, ALDR, ALDRP
- Protein Accession Number: Q9UBJ2
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 12643305
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 225
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The protein encoded by this gene is a member of thesuperfamily of ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporters. ABCproteins transport various molecules across extra- andintra-cellular membranes. ABC genes are divided into seven distinctsubfamilies (ABC1, MDR/TAP, MRP, ALD, OABP, GCN20, White). Thisprotein is a member of the ALD subfamily, which is involved inperoxisomal import of fatty acids and/or fatty acyl-CoAs in theorganelle. All known peroxisomal ABC transporters are halftransporters which require a partner half transporter molecule toform a functional homodimeric or heterodimeric transporter. Thefunction of this peroxisomal membrane protein is unknown; howeverthis protein is speculated to function as a dimerization partner ofABCD1 and/or other peroxisomal ABC transporters. Mutations in thisgene have been observed in patients with adrenoleukodystrophy, asevere demyelinating disease. This gene has been identified as acandidate for a modifier gene, accounting for the extreme variationamong adrenoleukodystrophy phenotypes. This gene is also acandidate for a complement group of Zellweger syndrome, agenetically heterogeneous disorder of peroxisomal biogenesis.
- 1: Matsukawa, T., et al. Neurogenetics (2010) In press :
- 2: Saito, A., et al. J. Hum. Genet. 54(6):317-323(2009)
- 3: Maier, E.M., et al. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 377(1):176-180(2008)
- 4: Lu, Y., et al. J. Lipid Res. 49(12):2582-2589(2008)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 56-546
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin