- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This ABCD1 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 257-285 amino acids from the Central region of human ABCD1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
For FACS starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 83 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ABCD1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ATP-binding cassette sub-family D member 1, Adrenoleukodystrophy protein, ALDP, ABCD1, ALD
- Protein Accession Number: P33897
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 67476960
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 215
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ABCD1 is a member of thesuperfamily of ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporters. ABCproteins transport various molecules across extra- andintra-cellular membranes. ABC genes are divided into seven distinctsubfamilies (ABC1, MDR/TAP, MRP, ALD, OABP, GCN20, White). Thisprotein is a member of the ALD subfamily, which is involved inperoxisomal import of fatty acids and/or fatty acyl-CoAs in theorganelle. All known peroxisomal ABC transporters are halftransporters which require a partner half transporter molecule toform a functional homodimeric or heterodimeric transporter. Thisperoxisomal membrane protein is likely involved in the peroxisomaltransport or catabolism of very long chain fatty acids. Defects inthis gene have been identified as the underlying cause ofadrenoleukodystrophy, an X-chromosome recessively inheriteddemyelinating disorder of the nervous system.
- 1: Matsukawa, T., et al. Neurogenetics (2010) In press :
- 2: Xie, H.H., et al. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 27(2):144-148(2010)
- 3: Li, J.Y., et al. J. Neurol. Sci. 290 (1-2), 163-165 (2010) :
- 4: Hour, T.C., et al. Int. J. Biol. Markers 24(3):171-178(2009)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 55-187
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin