- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: ABCA7 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human ABCA7.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 130 - 180 of ABCA7.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ABCA7 antibody can be used for detection of ABCA7 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL and immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: ABCA7 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other ABC1 subfamily proteins.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1210 - HEK293 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 17-010 - HEK293 Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 236 kDa
Observed: 240 kDa
- PURIFICATION: ABCA7 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ABCA7 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ABCA7 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ABCA7
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ABCA7 Antibody: ABCX, ABCA-SSN, ATP-binding cassette sub-family A member 7
- Protein Accession Number: NP_061985
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 150417984
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10347
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ABCA7 Antibody: ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporters are an evolutionarily conserved family that use ATP hydrolysis to catalyze the transport of various molecules across cell membranes. They are divided into seven distinct subfamilies (ABC1, MDR/TAP, MRP, ALD, OABP, GCN20, White). ABCA7, a member of the ABC1 subfamily, is a full-size ABC transporter consisting of two sets of the multiple membrane-spanning domains plus the Walker motifs for the ATP interaction. ABCA7 shows the highest homology to ABCA1, an essential molecule for cholesterol homeostasis. The high expression levels of ABCA7 in peripheral leukocytes, thymus, spleen and bone marrow suggests a role in the immune system lipid homeostasis.
- 2: Abe-Dohmae S, Ueda K, and Yokoyama S. ABCA7, a molecule with unknown function. FEBS Lett. 2006; 580:1178-82
- 3: Ikeda Y, Abe-Dohmae S, Munehira Y, et al. 2003. Post-transcriptional regulation of human ABCA7 and its function for the apoA-I-dependent lipid release. Biochem. Biophys. Res.Commun. 311:313-8.
- 4: Iwamoto N, Abe-Dohmae S, Sato R, et al. ABCA7 expression is regulated by cellular cholesterol through the SREBP2 pathway and associated with phagocytosis. J. Lipid Res. 2006; 47:1915-27.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6889
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.