- HOST SPECIES: Goat
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Expected Species Reactivity based on sequence homology: Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: The immunogen for this antibody is: C-KKQSDNLEQQETEP
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC
- APPLICATION NOTE: Peptide ELISA: antibody detection limit dilution 1:2000.Western Blot:Preliminary experiments gave an approx 35kDa band in Human Brain (Amygdala, Frontal Cortex, Hippocampus and Substantia Nigra) lysates after 0.3ug/ml antibody staining. Please note that currently we cannot find an explanation in the literature for the band we observe given the calculated size of 270kDa according to NP_001597.2 and of 273kDa according to .NP_997698.1. The 35kDa band was successfully blocked by incubation with the immunizing peptide.Immunohistochemistry:Paraffin embedded Human Brain (Cortex). Recommended concentration: 3.75ug/ml.
- SPECIFICITY: This antibody is expected to recognize both reported isoforms (NP_001597.2; NP_997698.1).
- PURIFICATION: Purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied at 0.5 mg/ml in Tris saline, 0.02% sodium azide, pH7.3 with 0.5% bovine serum albumin.Aliquot and store at -20°C. Minimize freezing and thawing.
- CONCENTRATION: 500 ug/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and store at -20°C. Minimize freezing and thawing.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ABCA2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ABCA2, ATP-binding cassette, sub-family A (ABC1), member 2, ABC2, MGC129761, ATP-binding cassette, sub-family A, member 2, OTTHUMP00000064733
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001597.2, NP_997698.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 45446740
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 20
- 1: Mace S, Cousin E, Ricard S, Genin E, Spanakis E, Lafargue-Soubigou C, Genin B, Fournel R, Roche S, Haussy G, Massey F, Soubigou S, Brefort G, Benoit P, Brice A, Campion D, Hollis M, Pradier L, Benavides J, Deleuze JF ABCA2 is a strong genetic risk factor for early-onset Alzheimer's disease Neurobiol Dis. 2005 Feb;18(1):119-25
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 46-787
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805