- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This A2M antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 1162-1192 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human A2M.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 163 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: A2M
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Alpha-2-macroglobulin, Alpha-2-M, C3 and PZP-like alpha-2-macroglobulin domain-containing protein 5, A2M, CPAMD5
- Protein Accession Number: P01023
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 308153640
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Alpha-2-macroglobulin is a protease inhibitor and cytokinetransporter. It inhibits many proteases, including trypsin,thrombin and collagenase. A2M is implicated in Alzheimer disease(AD) due to its ability to mediate the clearance and degradation ofA-beta, the major component of beta-amyloid deposits. [provided byRefSeq].
- 1: Bailey, S.D., et al. Diabetes Care 33(10):2250-2253(2010)
- 2: Bruno, E., et al. Neurosci. Lett. 482(2):112-116(2010)
- 3: Nalpas, B., et al. Gut 59(8):1120-1126(2010)
- 4: Song, H., et al. Neurosci. Lett. 479(2):143-145(2010)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 57-992
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805