- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding the phospho-Ser523 of human 5-lipoxygenase (5-LO).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: The antibody has been directly tested for reactivity in Western blots with rat and human tissue. It is anticipated that the antibody will react with non human primates based on the fact that these species have 100% homology with the amino acid sequence used as antigen.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 80
- PURIFICATION: Affinity Purified
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: 5 Lipoxygenase antibody can be stored at -20°C and is stable at -20°C for at least 1 year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ALOX5
- Protein Accession Number: P09917
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 126407
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 240
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The enzyme 5-lipoxygenase (5-LO) plays a key role in regulating the production of leukotrienes (LTs) (Funk, 2001). Overproduction of LTs contributes to several diseases, most notably chronic inflammatory diseases, including asthma (Drazen et al., 1994), fibrosis (Wilborn et al., 1996) and atherosclerosis (Dwyer et al., 2004). Recent work has demonstrated that the activity of 5-LO is regulated by PKA phosphorylation of serine-523 in 5-LO (Luo et al., 2004). Under normal conditions, this phosphorylation may be important in limiting inflammation. Abnormal signaling through cAMP and PKA, then, could contribute to a variety of diseases, including those characterized by chronic inflammation. The phospho-specific antibody to Ser523 on 5-LO is thus likely to provide a valuable tool for studies of the role of 5-LO regulation in diseases such as asthma, fibrosis and atherosclerosis.
- 1: Drazen JM, Lilly CM, Sperling R, Rubin P, Israel E (1994) Role of cysteinyl leukotrienes in spontaneous asthmatic responses. Adv. Prostaglandin Thromboxane Leukot Res 22:251-262.
- 2: Dwyer JH, Allayee H, Dwyer KM, Fan J, Wu H, Mar R, Lusis AJ, Mehrabian M (2004) Arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase promoter genotype, dietary arachidonic acid, and atherosclerosis. New England J Med 350:29-37.
- 3: Funk, CD (2001) Prostaglandins and leukotrienes: advances in eicosanoid biology. Science 294:1871-1875.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 50-244
- Size: 0.1 mL
- List Price: $495.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.