- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Met1-Met393
- FUSION TAG: N-6 His tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 47.1 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied as a 0.2 um filtered solution of 20mM TrisHCl, 50mM NaCl, 1mM DTT, 0.1mM PMSF, pH 8.0. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C, stable for 6 months after receipt.
Please aliquot the reconstituted solution to minimize freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: HPD
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: 4-Hydroxyphenylpyruvate Dioxygenase, 4-Hydroxyphenylpyruvic Acid Oxidase, 4HPPD, HPD, HPPDase, PPD
- Protein Accession Number: P32754
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3242
- 4-Hydroxyphenylpyruvate Dioxygenase (4HPPD) belongs to the 4HPPD family. 4HPPD is a key enzyme in the degradation of tyrosine, which catalyzes the second reaction in the catabolism of tyrosine the conversation of 4-hydroxyphenylpyruvate to homogentisate. 4HPPD exists in homodimer forms, which uses zinc as a cofactor to catalyze the third step in the conversion of L-phenylalanine to fumarate and acetoacetic acid. When the active 4HPPD enzyme concentration is low in the human body, it results in high levels of tyrosine concentration in the blood, which can cause mild mental retardation at birth, and degradation in vision as a patient grows older.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 92-016
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $615.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805