- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (100%), Bovine: (92%)
- IMMUNOGEN: 4E-BP1 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human 4E-BP1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of 4E-BP1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: 4E-BP1 antibody can be used for the detection of 4E-BP1 by Western blot at 2.5 - 10 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunocytochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1212 - 3T3 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-201 - 3T3/BALB Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: 4E-BP1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: 4E-BP1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: 4E-BP1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: EIF4EBP1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: 4E-BP1 Antibody: BP-1, 4EBP1, 4E-BP1, PHAS-I, Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4E-binding protein 1, Phosphorylated heat- and acid-stable protein regulated by insulin 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_004086
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4758258
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1978
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- 4E-BP1 Antibody: The translation of mRNA in eukaryotic cells is regulated by the presence of amino acids through multiple mechanisms. One such mechanism involves the evolutionarily conserved serine/threonine kinase TOR (Target of rapamycin, also known as mTOR), which regulates cell growth and cell cycle through its ability to integrate signals from nutrient levels and growth factors. One downstream target of TOR is the eukaryotic initiation factor 4E binding protein 1 (4E-BP1) whose phosphorylation prevents its association with eIF4E, preferentially stimulating translation of mRNAs containing long, highly structured 5'-UTRs. Rapamycin inhibits TOR resulting in reduced cell growth and reduced rates of cell cycle and cell proliferationl, at least in part by inhibiting the activity of TOR towards 4E-BP1.
- 1: Shah OJ, Anthony JC, Kimball SR, et al. 4E-BP1 and S6K1: translational integration sites for nutritional and hormonal information in muscle. Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 2000; 279:E715-29.
- 2: Shamji AF, Ngheim P, and Schreiber SL. Integration of growth factor and nutrient signaling: implications for cancer biology. Mol. Cell 2003; 12:271-80.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3513
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin