- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: 4E-BP1 (Ab-45) antibody was raised against a peptide sequence around aa.43~47 (S-T-T-P-G) derived from Human 4E-BP1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Western Blot: 1:500~1:1000, Immunohistochemistry: 1:50~1:100, Immunofluorescence: 1:100~1:200
- SPECIFICITY: This antibody detects endogenous level of total 4E-BP1 protein.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 18 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibodies were purified by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific peptide.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Antibody supplied in phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.4, 150mM NaCl, 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store antibody at -20°C for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: EIF4EBP1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BP-1, 4EBP1, 4E-BP1, PHAS-I, FKHLA, EIF4EBP1, PHAS-1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_004086.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4758258
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1978
- 4E-BP1 encodes one member of a family of translation repressor proteins. The protein directly interacts with eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4E (eIF4E), which is a limiting component of the multisubunit complex that recruits 40S ribosomal subunits to the 5' end of mRNAs. Interaction of this protein with eIF4E inhibits complex assembly and represses translation. This protein is phosphorylated in response to various signals including UV irradiation and insulin signaling, resulting in its dissociation from eIF4E and activation of mRNA translation.
- 1: Gingras AC, et al. (1998) Genes Dev 12 (4): 502-513. Brugarolas J, et al. (2004) Genes Dev 18 (23): 2893-2904. Kumar V, et al. (2000) EMBO J 19 (5): 1087-1097. Moody CA, et al. (2005) J Virol 79 (9): 5499-5506. Burnett PE, et al. (1998) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95 (4): 1432-1437.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 79-368
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $330.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin