- SPECIES: Rat
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Thr 24 - Gln 187
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This protein carries a polyhistidine tag at the C-terminus. The protein has a calculated MW of 19.5 kDa. The protein migrates as 28-38 kDa under reducing (R) condition (SDS-PAGE) due to glycosylation.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 19.5 kDa
- PURITY: >90% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TNFRSF9,4-1BB,CD137,CDw137,ILA
- 4-1BB is also known as CD137, tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 9 (TNFRSF9), induced by lymphocyte activation (ILA), is a co-stimulatory molecule of the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) receptor superfamily. CD137 can be expressed by activated T cells, but to a larger extent on CD8 than on CD4 T cells. In addition, CD137 expression is found on dendritic cells, follicular dendritic cells, natural killer cells, granulocytes and cells of blood vessel walls at sites of inflammation. The best characterized activity of CD137 is its costimulatory activity for activated T cells. Crosslinking of CD137 enhances T cell proliferation, IL-2 secretion survival and cytolytic activity. Further, it can enhance immune activity to eliminate tumors in mice. CD137 can enhance activation-induced T cell apoptosis when triggered by engagement of the TCR/CD3 complex. In addition, 4-1BB/4-1BBL co-stimulatory pathway has been shown to augment secondary CTL responses to several viruses, and meanwhile augment anti-tumor immunity. 4-1BB thus is a promising candidate for immunotherapy of human cancer. CD137 has been shown to interact with TRAF2.
- 1: Cooper D, et al., 2002, Eur. J. Immunol. 32 (2): 521–9.
- 2: Jang, I K., et al., 1998, Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. (UNITED STATES) 242 (3): 613–20.
- 3: Arch, R H., Thompson C B., 1998, Mol. Cell. Biol. (UNITED STATES) 18 (1): 558–65.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 11-142
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $505.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805