- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: A recombinant protein fragment from the internal region of 14-3-3 sigma was used as the immunogen for this antibody. The amino acid sequence is common to the ~30kDa and ~20kDa isoforms.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Western blot: 1-3 ug/ml
Provided assay concentrations are suggestions only, 14-3-3 sigma antibody titration may be required for optimal results.
- PURIFICATION: Protein A affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.5 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at -20°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SFN
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: 14-3-3 protein sigma, Epithelial cell marker protein 1, Stratifin, SFN, HME1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2810
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- 14-3-3 proteins are regulators of a diverse group of signaling proteins, including kinases, phosphatases, and transmembrane receptors, and have roles in a wide range of physiological processes including transcription, intracellular signaling, cell cycle control and apoptosis. There are seven 14-3-3 proteins in most mammals: beta, gamma epsilon, zeta, eta, sigma and tau. 14-3-3 sigma, also called Stratifin, is a product of the SFN gene. It is a tumor suppressor gene inactivated via DNA methylation. Reduced or no expression of 14-3-3 sigma is seen in various carcinoma including skin, breast and prostate, suggesting that 14-3-3 gene silencing may be involved in tumor progression.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-020
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $425.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805