FormulationRabbit polyclonal immunoglobulin in Dulbecco's phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.3 (+/- 0.1), 50% glycerol, with 1.0 mg/mL BSA (IgG, protease free) as a carrier.
Clonality/CloneThis is a polyclonal antibody.
SpecificityHuman, mouse and chicken (100% homologous) FAK. Rat and frog (100% homologous) FAK have not been tested, but are expected to react.
SourceFAK antibody was produced against a chemically synthesized phosphopeptide derived from the region of human FAK that contains tyrosine 861. The sequence is conserved in mouse, rat, chicken and frog.
PurificationFAK antibody was purified from rabbit serum by sequential epitope-specific chromatography. The antibody has been negatively preadsorbed using (i) a non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the site of phosphorylation to remove antibody that is reactive with non-phosphorylated FAK protein, and (ii) a generic tyrosine phosphorylated peptide to remove antibody that is reactive with phosphotyrosine (irrespective of the sequence). The final product is generated by affinity chromatography using a FAK-derived peptide that is phosphorylated at tyrosine 861.
HostFAK [pY861] antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
ApplicationFor Western blotting applications, we recommend using the antibody at a 1:1000 dilution.
BufferRabbit polyclonal immunoglobulin in Dulbecco's phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.3 (+/- 0.1), 50% glycerol, with 1.0 mg/mL BSA (IgG, protease free) as a carrier.
StorageStore at -20˚C. We recommend a brief centrifugation before opening to settle vial contents. Then, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20˚C. For shipment or short-term storage (up to one week), 2 - 8˚C is sufficient.
- Chicken embryo fibroblasts expressing FAK protein and plated on fibronectin.]
- Hauck, C.R., et al. (2002) v-Src SH3-enhanced interaction with focal adhesion kinase at beta 1 integrin-containing invadopodia promotes cell invasion. J. Biol. Chem. 277(15):12487-12490.
- Lacalle, R.A., et al. (2002) Specific SHP-2 partitioning in raft domains triggers integrin-mediated signaling via Rho activation. J. Cell Biol. 157(2):277-289.
- Rigacci, S., et al. (2002) Low Mr phosphotyrosine protein phosphatase associates and dephosphorylates p125 focal adhesion kinase, interfering with cell motility and spreading. J. Biol. Chem. 277(44):41631-41636.
- atta, A., et al. (2001) Transformation of chicken embryo fibroblasts by v-src uncouples ?1 integrin-mediated outside-in but not inside-out signaling. Mol. Cell. Biol. 21(21):7295-7306.]