FormulationRabbit polyclonal immunoglobulin in Dulbecco's phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.3 (+/- 0.1), 50% glycerol with 1.0 mg/mL BSA (IgG, protease free) as a carrier.
Clonality/CloneThis is a polyclonal antibody.
SpecificityHuman FAK. Mouse, rat, chicken and frog (100% homologous) FAK have not been tested, but are expected to react.
SourceFAK antibody was produced against a chemically synthesized phosphopeptide derived from the region of human FAK that contains tyrosine 576. The sequence is conserved in mouse, rat, chicken and frog.
PurificationFAK antibody was purified from rabbit serum by sequential epitope-specific chromatography. The antibody has been negatively preadsorbed using a non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the site of phosphorylation to remove antibody that is reactive with non-phosphorylated FAK protein. The final product is generated by affinity chromatography using a FAK-derived peptide that is phosphorylated at tyrosine 576.
HostFAK [pY576] antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
ApplicationFor Western blotting applications, we recommend using the antibody at a 1:1000 starting dilution.
BufferRabbit polyclonal immunoglobulin in Dulbecco's phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.3 (+/- 0.1), 50% glycerol with 1.0 mg/mL BSA (IgG, protease free) as a carrier.
StorageStore at -20˚C. We recommend a brief centrifugation before opening to settle vial contents. Then, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20˚C. For shipment or short-term storage (up to one week), 2 - 8˚C is sufficient.
- Chicken embryo fibroblasts (CEFs) expressing human FAK protein, plated on fibronectin and treated with vanadate.]
- Cary, L.A., et al. (2002) SRC catalytic but not scaffolding function is needed for integrin-regulated tyrosine phosphorylation, cell migration, and cell spreading. Mol. Cell. Biol. 22(8):2427-2440.
- Eliceiri, B.P., et al. (2002) Src-mediated coupling of focal adhesion kinase to integrin alpha(v)beta5 in vascular endothelial growth factor signaling. J. Cell Biol. 157(1):149-160.
- Cho, S.Y. and R.L. Klemke (2002) Purification of pseudopodia from polarized cells reveals redistribution and activation of Rac through assembly of a CAS/Crk scaffold. J. Cell Biol. 156(4):725-736.
- Rigacci, S., et al. (2002) Low Mr phosphotyrosine protein phosphatase associates and dephosphorylates p125 focal adhesion kinase, interfering with cell motility and spreading. J. Biol. Chem. 277(44):41631-41636.]