FormulationRabbit polyclonal immunoglobulin in Dulbecco's phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.3 (+/- 0.1), 50% glycerol with 1.0 mg/mL BSA (IgG, protease free) as a carrier.
Clonality/CloneThis is a polyclonal antibody.
SpecificityHuman FAK. Mouse, rat, chicken (100% homologous) and frog (92% homologous) FAK have not been tested, but are expected to react.
SourceFAK antibody was produced against a chemically synthesized phosphopeptide derived from the region of human FAK that contains tyrosine 407. The sequence is conserved in mouse, rat and chicken.
PurificationFAK antibody was purified from rabbit serum by sequential epitope-specific chromatography. The antibody has been negatively preadsorbed using (1) a non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the site of phosphorylation to remove antibody that is reactive with non-phosphorylated FAK and (2) a generic tyrosine phosphorylated peptide to remove antibody that is reactive with phosphotyrosine, irrespective of the sequence. The final product is generated by affinity chromatography using a FAK-derived peptide that is phosphorylated at tyrosine 407.
HostFAK [pY407] antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
ApplicationFor Western blotting applications, we recommend using the antibody at a 1:1000 starting dilution.
BufferRabbit polyclonal immunoglobulin in Dulbecco's phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.3 (+/- 0.1), 50% glycerol with 1.0 mg/mL BSA (IgG, protease free) as a carrier.
StorageStore at -20˚C. We recommend a brief centrifugation before opening to settle vial contents. Then, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20˚C. For short-term storage (up to one week), 2 - 8˚C is sufficient.
- Chicken embryo fibroblast (CEF) cells expressing FAK protein and plated on fibronectin.]
- Lu, H., et al. (2006) The microtubule binding drug laulimalide inhibits VEGF-induced human endothelial cell migration, and is synergistic when combined with Taxotere (docetaxel). Mol. Pharmacol. [Epub ahead of print].
- Eliceiri, B.P., et al. (2002) Src-mediated coupling of focal adhesion kinase to integrin alpha(v)beta5 in vascular endothelial growth factor signaling. J. Cell. Biol. 157(1):149-160.
- Lim, Y., et al. (2002) Trichostatin A-induced detransformation correlates with decreased focal adhesion kinase phosphorylation at tyrosine 861 in ras-transformed fibroblasts. J. Biol. Chem. 277(15):12735-12740.
- Nakamura, K., et al. (2001) Different modes and qualities of tyrosine phosphorylation of Fak and Pyk2 during epithelial-mesenchymal transdifferentiation and cell migration: analysis of specific phosphorylation events using site-directed antibodies. Oncogene 20(21):2626-2635.]