FormulationRabbit polyclonal immunoglobulin in Dulbecco's phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.3 (+/- 0.1), 50% glycerol with 1.0 mg/mL BSA (IgG, protease free) as a carrier.
Clonality/CloneThis is a polyclonal antibody.
SpecificityMouse and rat FAK. Human (100% homologous), chicken (100% homologous) and frog (90% homologous) FAK have not been tested, but are expected to react.
SourceFAK antibody was produced against a chemically synthesized phosphopeptide derived from the region of human FAK that contains serine 732. The sequence is conserved in mouse, rat and chicken.
PurificationFAK antibody was purified from rabbit serum by sequential epitope-specific chromatography. The antibody has been negatively preadsorbed using a non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the site of phosphorylation to remove antibody that is reactive with non-phosphorylated FAK. The final product is generated by affinity chromatography using a FAK-derived peptide that is phosphorylated at serine 732.
HostFAK [pS732] antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
ApplicationFor Western blotting applications, we recommend using the antibody at a 1:1000 dilution.
BufferRabbit polyclonal immunoglobulin in Dulbecco's phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.3 (+/- 0.1), 50% glycerol with 1.0 mg/mL BSA (IgG, protease free) as a carrier.
StorageStore at -20˚C. We recommend a brief centrifugation before opening to settle vial contents. Then, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20˚C. For shipment or short-term storage (up to one week), 2 - 8˚C is sufficient.
- PC12 cells treated with nocozadole; cdk5 +/- and cdk5 -/- mouse brain lysates.]
- Xie, Z., et al. (2003) Serine 732 phosphorylation of FAK by Cdk5 is important for microtubule organization, nuclear movement, and neuronal migration. Cell 114(4):469-482.
- Huang, D., et al. (2002) Focal adhesion kinase (FAK) regulates insulin-stimulated glycogen synthesis in hepatocytes. J. Biol. Chem. 277(20):18151-18160.
- Yamakita, Y., et al. (1999) Dissociation of FAK/p130(CAS)/c-Src complex during mitosis: role of mitosis-specific serine phosphorylation of FAK. J. Cell. Biol. 144(2):315-324.
- Richardson, A., et al. (1997) Identification of integrin-stimulated sites of serine phosphorylation in FRNK, the separately expressed C-terminal domain of focal adhesion kinase: a potential role for protein kinase A. Biochem. J. 324(Pt.1):141-149.]