FormulationRabbit polyclonal immunoglobulin in Dulbecco's phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.3 (+/- 0.1), 50% glycerol with 1.0 mg/mL BSA (IgG, protease free) as a carrier.
Clonality/CloneThis is a polyclonal antibody.
SpecificityHuman EGFR. Mouse and rat (100% homologous) have not been tested, but are expected to react.
SourceEGFR antibody was produced against a chemically synthesized phosphopeptide derived from the region of human EGFR that contains tyrosine 1086. The sequence is conserved in mouse and rat.
PurificationEGFR antibody was purified from rabbit serum by sequential epitope-specific chromatography. The antibody has been negatively preadsorbed using a non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the site of phosphorylation to remove antibody that is reactive with non-phosphorylated EGFR. The final product is generated by affinity chromatography using an EGFR-derived peptide that is phosphorylated at tyrosine 1086.
HostEGFR [pY1086] antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
ApplicationFor Western blotting applications, we recommend using the antibody at a 1:1000 starting dilution.
BufferRabbit polyclonal immunoglobulin in Dulbecco's phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.3 (+/- 0.1), 50% glycerol with 1.0 mg/mL BSA (IgG, protease free) as a carrier.
StorageStore at -20˚C. We recommend a brief centrifugation before opening to settle vial contents. Then, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20˚C. For shipment or short-term storage (up to one week), 2 - 8˚C is sufficient.
- Human epidermoid carcinoma (A431) cells +/- EGF.]
- Cuadrado, A., et al. (2003) Aplidin induces apoptosis in human cancer cells via glutathione depletion and sustained activation of the epidermal growth factor receptor, Src, JNK, and p38 MAPK. J. Biol. Chem. 278(1):241-250
- Piiper, A., et al. (2002) Cyclic AMP induces transactivation of the receptors for epidermal growth factor and nerve growth factor, thereby modulating activation of MAP kinase, Akt, and neurite outgrowth in PC12 cells. J. Biol. Chem. 277(46):43623-43630.
- Moro, L., et al. (2002) Integrin-induced epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor activation requires c-Src and p130Cas and leads to phosphorylation of specific EGF receptor tyrosines. J. Biol. Chem. 277(11):9405-9414.
- Janne, P.A., et al. (2002) Inhibition of epidermal growth factor receptor signaling in malignant pleural mesothelioma. Cancer Res. 62(18):5242-5247 ]